MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
9256417

Bill,Model No. s Jennair S156, re ovengasket

Customer Question

Bill,

Model No. s Jennair S156, re ovengasket
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

On this gasket you should be able to pull it straight off. There are little metal prongs that are on the back side of the gasket that snap into the holes in the oven door.

Is you gasket like a metal mesh type?

Thanks Again,

Bill

MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes the gasket is a metal mesh. Does this make a differrence?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: Yes it is a metal mesh type gasket. Does it make a diffferemce?
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

There are some that are rubber and are glued on. The metal mess ones have the pronges that stick out from the gasket, that snap into the holes on the door.

Go ahead and carefully pull the gasket off. Let me know how you make out.

Thanks Again,

Bill

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I having difficulty removing the old gasket. The replacement gasket does not have pronges sticking out of the gasket. rather a stiff wire running throught the length of the gasket. Any hints on how I get the old gasket out. The gasket material just pulls apart. I'm using vice grips to get a hold on the gasket.
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Does the gasket run the length of a ridge on the inside of the door?

It sounds like the door will have to be disassembled to remove the old gasket.

Can you give me the part number to your gasket?

Thanks Again,

Bill

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, lost the part number and box it came in.
The gasket runs around the window with a small gap, about four inches, on the bottom.

If the door needs to be disassembled, how do I do it? I have removoed all of the screews around the outsidebut it still seems to be held together.

Help!
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Here is a diagram of your door. I would remove the screws from the handle first. There are going to be a series of screws around the perimeter of the door. The outer door shell should seperate from the inner door. Then on the inside of the door, there will be the screws that hold the glass to the inner door. Just make sure you have alot of space to lay out the door so you have room to work on it.

Let me know how you make out.

Here is the diagram

Thanks Again,

Bill

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks greatly.
I did have to disassemble the door to easily remove and install the new gasket. Did not have to remove the handle first, the handle came off connected to the front panel.

Will definitely keep you in mind the next time I get in trouble.

Thanks again, appriciate the assistance.
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Good Job!

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill