MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
9256417

where the doors on a sidexside refrigerator comes ...

Customer Question

where the doors on a sidexside refrigerator comes together, that strip of metal just started getting hot after we moved it in our new house. also the outside of the fridg. got hot, some times they would not be hot bot, not for long. thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

I will be happy to help you out. Can I get the model number to your machine?

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: brand is galaxy, it has a sears sticker model#106.55622500
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

The heat you are feeling between the doors is normal. This is created by what is called the "yoder loop". The yoder loop is part of the condesor coils that runs around the where the freezer door gasket mets the cabinet. This keeps the moisture off the door. This could be getting hotter than normal for a couple reasons.

If the fridge has recently been plugged in, within the last 12 hours, the compressor will run longer than normal. This will create the excess heat.

If the fan down by the compressor is not running. This will create excess heat also. This could lead to damage to the compressor.

If the water to the fridge is not hooked up and the icemaker is turned on. The icemaker will run constantly and the heater on the icemaker will create too much heat in the freezer and the machine will run longer than normal.

Let me know if you have anymore questions, I will be happy to help you out further.

Thanks Again for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Mr. Bill                                

You are dog-gone good. you are better than rent a husband, hell your better than a husband. you had the right solution. my refrigerator is fixed and I don't have to cook you dinner.    thanks a mill.
                      your fan ann
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

LOL, Thanks funny.

Good Job!

I'm glad I could help. Dinner would have been nice though.Wink

Thanks Again,

Bill