Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag Mdl CHG9830BAB stove. Great unit, served ...

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Mdl CHG9830BAB stove. Great unit, served me well. Wife recently pressed front panel to set timer/oven Temp and appears to have broken. Can you provide part number for replacment module and how to open from to pull and replace.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
looking up parts now i will get back to you. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
if you need to replace clock/control the part # XXXXX XXXXX you can get it at www.repairclinic.com put part # XXXXX search box. to get it apart you probably have screws under top when you open oven , sometimes there hard to take apart sometimes easy. you can also go to www.pcappliancerepair.com and they have diagrams for your oven. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Bryan, Thanks for the infomation. Not sure if it is sufficent since I already know that screws or fastners hold the unit together. Would expect some more definitive information specific to my model. Also is the part number mentioned the Maytag part number since the repair clinic site provided a different reference number for the part if ordered from their site.

Please clarify. Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes the part # XXXXX is maytag # XXXXX believe. they sometime put their part # XXXXX parts so they can keep track of different parts they have in their warehouse. alot of parts suppliers do that. did you look at other site ? they have diagram breakdowns of your machine you have to click on open diagram window to see , its hard to tell you every step to disassemble oven because there are so many different applications on the way they mount. if your not happy with answer you dont have to acceept, I'm just trying to help you , its alright if you want me to opt out and let someone else try to help you I will . just let me know. thank you Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan,

Thanks for the assiatance. Just one more inquiry. I see the screws on the underside of the panel. There also appears to be retaining clips when you look stright at the unit. Specifically between top or what I will say is the top of the oven platform and the front face in which control panel is housed. Are these retaining clips that have to be unfastened so as to lift up the top portion of the oven and gain access to where the control unit is situated.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I've never had to remove clips to replace clock but that dosnt mean they dont have clips. what I usually do is remove screws and try moving panel slightly and if it dosnt move easly I look for other things that may have to be removed, sometimes there are even screws on end caps that need to be removed.your oven is gas right. if it is dont try to lift top there are gas lines you can break. I'll try to keep helping you. you can also go to www.searspartsdirect.com and see diagram of oven thanks Bryan.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan,

Thanks for the help. Will try your suggestions afetr I order the part.

Appreciate your help, but I may get back to you if I hit a bump in the disassembly.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thank you , and if I can help further just ask , thanks again Bryan