Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Neptune washer, it is 7 yrs old, today during the ...

Customer Question

I have a Neptune washer, it is 7 yrs old, today during the wash cycle it stopped and shows "Lr" on the screen. The clothes are somewhat wet but it does not spin. It drained the detergent but not the softner yet, what can I do, am going on vacation tomorrow am!! Can''t find my manual.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

give me a couple of minutes to check code for you. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is my answer going to be by e-mail or on this site?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sorry losing internet because of clouds I have satilite internet . i'm still trying to find code but keep losing signal. i will post answer here . thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
okay clouds finaly passed I hope. LR stands for locked rotor or what it means is you have a bad motor and motor control board , this comes in a set and i've had to replace alot of these over the years. its been awhile though,thats why i didnt recognize code. maytag neptune washers have had alot of problems . have you had any recalls done or your machine? sorry I couldnt give you better news. this may be very expensive. hope this helps. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, it helps, I won't sit around waiting to "fix" it now, will probably have to go use another washer, since I can't just leave the load in the washer as it is. There has been no recall that I've been notified of. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX have to contact a repair service when I return from vacation.
Thank you,
Delta 35
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
your very welcome, i wish i could have had better news. thank you Bryan