Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool Gold self cleaning oven (465) and ...

I have a whirlpool Gold self cleaning oven (465) and on the screen it has a E1 F5f fault code, how do we reset the oven so that it works?
Hi this is Bryan, i'm checking your code but dont see e1 f5f. I do however see a f5-e1 code which says to check door latch assm. there realy isnt a reset except to shut power off for a few minutes and turn back on. that may work . if you can give me the full model# XXXXX can due some more research. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There is no door latch assm on this oven, cannot find a model number, what it is, is Whirlpool Gold self cleaning super capacity 465 electric model. And the error code does display E1 F5. Can you find anything with this information?
I'll do my best. did you say theres no door lock at all? usualy on self cleaning models there is always a door latch to lock oven when its in self clean. when you self clean oven are you able to open door? the oven can get to above 700 degrees in self clean so they are made to lock so no one gets burned if opened. let me do some more reseach. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yeah, but there is no latch, I thought it was funny, it is my aunts stove
okay try going to www.repairclinic.com when there go to almost bottom of page click on repair help then go to side bar error codes and it will show you all error codes for whirlpool ovens but still cant find your code, maybe she has a bad control board and its not showing codes correctly. i cant contact my warehouse today to find out if they have any more info. check out the site i gave you , this is baffling. thanks Bryan , p.s. if you can wait till monday I will talk to my warehouse guy. thanks again
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX turned on the self cleaning button and start, it started to work then the error messag came up and that was that. I will try the link. Thanks again for your time
okay i'll be back in awhile if you need me.let me know. thanks again Bryan