Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kenmore 90 series washer. The washer works until ...

I have a kenmore 90 series washer. The washer works until it comes to the spin cycle then it just stops.
Hi this is Bryan , you say your washer stops when it gets to the spin cycle, its probably your lid switch, there made of plastic and tend to break . try pushing somthing down in hole around the rim of washer. you will see where the peg is on your lid when you close lid it pushes down on the switch and makes it spin. the switch may be broken where the screws hold it in place. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Bryan, the lid switch is not the problem, I checked the plastic pin and it looks good, I also put a screw driver in the slot and still nothing. Could it be the timer control?
well it could be, do you here anything running in spin ? does it drain? sometimes the switch will push down and still not work. if your handy and have some wirenuts you can unplug machine find the wires which run along from the switch along side of machine and you will see what should be two gray wires if you have a meter you can check to see if swtch iis working . or you can wire the two going to the controls together and see if it runs. i realy think you have a bad switch. Bryan