Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello, I have an AEG D41014 Double Oven that has developed ...

Hello, I have an AEG D41014 Double Oven that has developed a fault. The grill section works fine but the oven warms up but switches off after about 10-15 minutes and trips the fusebox. An electrician has confirmed that the electircal supply and wiring are fine. He thinks the problem is with the oven itself. Please help. Thank you.
H I'm Bryan , dont know to much about your paticular oven but it sounds like you have a short in one of your elements or wire to elements assuming its an electric oven. is it an electric oven ? I'll try to look up model and see if theres anything else that may cause long have you had the oven? Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Hi Bryan, Thanks for getting in touch. It is an electric oven and was fitted about 2.5 years ago though it was not used. The kitchen was completed but other work in the house (I bought it to do up and move into) took alot longer to complete). So technically it is brand new though out of warranty - I tried getting AEG UK interested but they were not. If it helps, the best site I found for spares for this is as follows:

hope to hear from you soon, Zed.
no problem , what is the breaker amperage on your oven? ovens dont uasualy trip breaker without having some kind of short. I have seen breakers get weak and trip easy. did the electrician check how many amps the oven was drawing? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: The amperage is 32A (mains in the UK is 220v). The electrician thought that maybe the oven was holding moisture as it had not been used for so long and removed the earth wire at the fusebox (to try and let the oven heat up properly and let any moisture evaporate) but even with the earth removed the oven still tripped the fuse as before. He didn't check the amperage as he felt that anything more than 32A should not be needed. Thanks, Zed.
boy I just dont know, your breaker in the box is 32amps? most ovens take a fifty amp. breaker but I dont know the conversion for your oven , still I would check the breaker in your breaker box and see what it says on the breaker itself. it should be a two pole breaker, is your house old? did they run new wire to oven.?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: I checked with the elctrician and at my old house - the maximum for ovens in the UK is 35A and that is seen as unusual. Most are at 30A and 32A.
I realy wish I could tell you more, it could be moisture in oven its hard to tell. if you like I can opt out and try to let somebody else try to help you. its hard to say whats wrong when you cant realy look at it. thanks Bryan
one more thing you should try is to have someone put an amp meter on oven turn it on and check how many amps the oven is drawing when its heating up . Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Hi Bryan

Thanks for the advice and sorry for the delay - I eventualyl got the electrician out to check the current the oven was generating and he put in a 62A breaker and all is well. I have accepted your help. All best wishes