Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an 8-year old Amana gas dryer, Model No. ALG331RAW, ...

I have an 8-year old Amana gas dryer, Model No. ALG331RAW, SN SXXXXXXXXXX. When I turn it on, the dial on the timer never moves and it takes hours to dry a load of laundry. Is that a fuse problem, a timer problem, a heating elemenent problem, or something else? Do I need to call a serviceman or buy a new dryer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi this is bryan , I think your problem may be either your vent is cloged or you have a thermrostat. Is your dryer heating? do the clothes seem realy damp after a long time? are you running it on automatic or time dry. if timed drying and it dosnt move it may be a bad timer. If using automatic cycle it's probably the thermostat. check your vent first make sure it's venting outside good . let me know , Thanks bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I always use automatic drying, but when you asked about timed, I changed the dial to timed drying, and the dial did move, but I don't feel any warm air. I also checked the outside vent and there's no warm air there, either. How do I go about unclogging the vent, if that's the problem?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
okay I'm back sorry had to work. Is there any air blowing outside? If so I think you have a thermostat problem. let me know .