Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my central air conditioner leaks cold water that drips down ...

my central air conditioner leaks cold water that drips down the side of the furnace in my basement. The central air and furnace are hooked up together, and have been for 10 years, since new. I have never had this problem before. The guy came and checked it and said I have to leave the thermostat at 72 degrees, so the coils won't freeze up, and I have, and it is still leaking, It drips constantly enough that I have to sop up the floor next to it with a large blanket daily. I have it under X-cell energy repair plan, but I wanted an answer from you first.
it sound like the drain is cloged to me . most of a.c. units do. have them check to see if it is draining properly.