Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Washer approx 12 yrs old. The dial doesnt want to ...

Customer Question

Washer approx 12 yrs old. The dial doesn''t want to move - fills up but agitates continuously or when I move it to the next level stays there...ie. spins continuously etc. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
it sounds like the timer has gone bad to me . the motor on the timer has probably died. i dont know what kind of machine it is so cant help you much more , if you get me name , model# XXXXX can try to look up timer for you . thank bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
GE Heavy Duty purchased 1995 - can't get the model number as I can't pull out from the wall myself. Does that help? I don't see the model number anywhere else????
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: GE purchased 1995 Heavy Duty....can't see model number without pulling out from wall.

Does this help?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
if you look over the top of machine you may find model # XXXXX a white tag just over the top near back if that helps. bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I found a GE dealer not far from where I live - I will call them tomorrow and see if they have a motor for the timer. Hopefully I can get someone to help me with this. Can't afford a new washer right now! Thanks for your help - can I get back to you if I need more advice?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your welcome anytime , thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I get a motor for my timer can you still help me?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sure don' t know if you will have luck getting just the motor but you might want to bring your old one with you to be sure if you can . just get back to me if you need me. i'll be glad to help. bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what else do you think I might need? How does that work? Will I need the dial, timer etc????
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
it all depends on what kind of timer it is , some the motors are sold seperatly others are not , you can try an appliance repair shop that might have a used timer you can get the motor off of. if the motor comes off. good luck i hope you find what you need, if you need more info just ask. thanks bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for your advise! Have a great night! Kari
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thank you and good luck. bryan