Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag Electric Single door oven. There is ...

I have a Maytag Electric Single door oven. There is electric going to the oven because the clock is on, but the heating coils in the oven and on the top will not produce heat. Is there a breaker inside the oven that may have tripped?

hi, your oven most likely is having a power problem , oven run on 220volts and the clock will still run even if one side of your 220 isnt sending power, do you have breakers in you home or fuses? if you have fuses you most likely have a bad one , if you have breakers shut breaker off by fliping it all the way off then bake on. if it still dosn't work you may have a bad wire in oven . maybe where the cord connects. always unplug or shut off breaker before check any connections!!! if you have a volt meter check power to oven recepticle.hope this helps. bryan