Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Whilrlpool ADP 5442 Dishwasher is out of function ...

My Whilrlpool ADP 5442 Dishwasher is out of function and the indicatorlamp goes two flash, pause, two flash...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

hello,if you could give me the complete model number i can check to see if its one of the models that has the mismatched board and heater assembly that sometimes causes that problem..thanks bryan i will try to find out as soon as possible

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Thank you so much for taking the time, but my husband figerd it out himself. Finaly... ;)

The pump in the buttom og the disher had a broken hose (is that the correct term???)from the topp plastic lidd.

So now we know that foure blink means water leakage in the Whirlpool language.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
i'm glad you figured it , i realy didnt know that the lights flashed when the d/w leaked. dont realy know what hose your talking about but if it fixed the problem thats great. thank you for letting me know you repaired it. good luck , hope it stays working. thanks bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: I can try to explain, but my eglish has some severe lacks, I'm afraid... ;)

The leakage was in the thin rubber hose/transferense (don't know what to call it)between the circulatongpump and the washingwater suply.

A quick googeling told me that Whirlpool has indication code for several errors, but they are only listed i the servicemanual, and not in the usermanual that follows the mashin. Of course.

Thank you for taking the time! You earned your acceptans.