MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

Hello, Ihave a Whirlpool electric dryer model LTE5243DQ2 ...

Customer Question

Hello, Ihave a Whirlpool electric dryer model:LTE5243DQ2
I replaced theheating element, one of the thermostats part #3398128, still getting no heat. I have ordered the second thermostat, part #3404154. My concern is when i replace theother thermostat andthe heating element still doesnt kick on, where do i check next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

Have you reset the breaker to the machine? If so, verify the machine is getting 240 volts to the terminal block. Make sure there is not issue with the cord.

Give that a check and let me know what you find.

Thanks for using!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am not satisfied with the provided answer. Anyone having a small amount of common sense would check the breaker and the voltage to the machine. As I have done.
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

That's funny you say that. But with my experience I have to say that. You would be amazed of have my service calls could be avoided if people would check these things. And the bad part is, I tell this to people on the phone before I get to there house, They say they checked, and they didn't. Then for me to flip the breaker or replace their cord costs them a pretty penny.

Sorry for offending you. But see my side before not listening to the advise that I'm giving you.

So, moving on. All the thermostats on the dryer can be bypassed by connecting the two wires that run to them together. Except the thermostat that has four wires going to it, You cannot connect the two smaller wires together, but you can jump the two bigger wires together. This will eliminate the thermostats from being the problem. And if you have voltage going to the machine. And have bypassed all the thermostats, this really only leaves the timer.

I hope this information is more helpful to you then the obvious answer earlier.

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks Again,