Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field

My Whirlpool S20b-rsb21 side by side purchased second ...

Customer Question

My Whirlpool S20b-rsb21 side by side purchased second hand will not make ice. Whilst the chilled water line works perfectly the ice making water line is dry, the rotating icetray wheels are at the 22.00 hundred position as viewed from the fridge side and have never mooved. Infra red sensor seems to be working correctly. Any thoughts
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 8 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!

Here is a shop manual on that ice system. Did the unit ever make ice since you owned it?

This manual should help you figure out what is wrong. read it thru and be patient. If you need parts, check Ebay....There are allot of good deals on parts for appliances there!

Hope this helps!
Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using

Chuck G.
Please " ACCEPT " when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated.
Positive Feedback is very important, That is how we get rated! Bonuses are appreciated!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Chuck G.'s Post: Hi Chuck,

No this has never made ice. Your link activates a broken PDF file which does not open, however, having downloaded the manual and a complete parts list from Whirlpool and a parts supplier I doubt if this will assist at all.

Really need an axperienced technicain to advise based on experience with this fault. From my own investiagations I feel the problem may lie in the impeller pump in the unit base, a fault with the infrared controller or a circuit board issue. I have metered the wiring and it seems fine.

I regret your answer was not very helpfull.

Cheers, Steve
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 8 years ago.
sorry. here is the file i double checked it.