MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

Kenmore bottom freezer model #596.7927* (purchaed new in ...

Customer Question

Kenmore bottom freezer model #596.7927* (purchaed new in 2001)--Freezer is not freezing cold enough (only about 28 degrees) and is building up ice inside. It seems as though the entire unit is running continuously. This happened a few weeks ago. We emptied the freezer, manually defrosted it, cleared out the drain tube (full of ice) and vacuumed the condenser coils underneath. Now the same thing is happening again. What is happening and what can we do to solve it beyond what we have already done (again)?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

I will be happy to help you out. The problem you are describing is a defrost problem. The machine should cycle through its own defrost cycle on a regular basis. If not, that's when you get the ice build up and the cold air cannot circulate to the refrigerator. Temps rise, things will stop freezing ect. ect. There is a problem in the defrost system of the refrigerator. This Fridge is worth having repaired.

Thanks for using Please let me know if you have anymore questions!]