The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

My mom has a Maytag washer, Model# XXXXX Serial# XXXXX

Customer Question

My mom has a Maytag washer, Model# XXXXX Serial# XXXXX     KD             Listed 745G 120V 60HZ 7A Today, when she went to use the washer, the water will not run in, we checked the lines and there is water running through the lines and the inlet screens didn''t appear to be stopped up. Put everything back, and the water still will not run. The washer will spin, and the soak light will come on when it is on the soak cycle. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

It sounds like the water fill solinoids have stopped working. This could be a timer issue or it could be bad solinoids. I doubt it is the solinoids as they both rarly, if ever go out at the same time.

Your probably looking at a new timer. I will look in my manuals and confirm this for you. I will also upload the manual for your retrival. This will enable you to do the repair yourself if you wish.

Best; THS.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: We would like to be able to do the repair ourselves. If you upload the manual for my retrival. Do I have to pay again? I'm new to Just answer. Thanks.

No it is included in the amount you offered to have your question answered ($9.00).

Manual is uploading now. about another 10 - 15 minuits and it will be ready.

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances
Im sorry troubled, I uploaded the LTE file instead of the LAT file. I am upping the correct one now.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I accepted and I'm still not able to get the manual, do I need to do something else? And is it going to tell me the part that I need? Thanks.

Ok what I have done is upload the service manual for your unit. It has all the diagnostic proceedures and is clearly illustrated. Begin on page 4-6. I am studying the manual along with you. I may be an expert but Im not able to memorise every models diagnostics. So start there and I will be able to walk you through anything you do not comprehend. Ok?

"Will it tell me the part I need" If not I will. But I need you ther to be my eyes ansd ears. If you can do that then together we can get this sorted out.

You can get it by clicking here.

To download this file:

On the first page scroll down to the bottom and select "FREE"

On the next page enter the letters in the box and select "download"

Save the file to your hard drive and open it with a .pdf reader. I recommend FoxIt reader. (foxit.com) Its smaller than adobe and no spyware.
If there is something in the manual that you do not understand just post here, and I will walk you through the proceedure.

Thank you for the accept. If you have any more questions please post them in this thread. I will be here to assist you untill this problem is solved.

Best THS

Ok I think I have the culpret in my sights. It may be the lid switch. Maytags are notorious for them.

Just to conform this is a mechanical timer type correct? ie: not digital

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: I looked at the manual, I printed the pages for troubleshooting for will not fill, 4-6 and 4-9, and fill cycle 2-33, timer 3-1 and 3-2, I will give them to my dad, hopefully, he will be able to tell more about what the problem is. I forgot to mention earlier, when trying to get the washer to fill with water, there is no noise at all, no hum or anything. But if will spin in spin cycle.

Ok troubled; Have him check the lid switch and fuse first. I got money says that is the problem. You can read about it starting on page 14 Lower right of the page.

Everything fits perfectly. Let me know if you have any more questions. ok.

Best THS.

Now if I could only figure out this PDA. =\