Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field
8049636

My whirlpool ADP6600IX dishwasher suddenly wont ...

Customer Question

My whirlpool ADP6600IX dishwasher suddenly won''t fill - there is no water coming in to it. Why?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!

Check the float assm. located at the bottom of your dishwasher, near the front. It is a round gadget about 3 " in diam. Lift it up and down to clear any debris. Turn the power off to the unit for 5 minutes to reset or (reboot) the microprocessor.

Try these first before we get all crazy tearing into this. / chuck
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hey Chuck, The round gadget in the bottom of my dishwasher seems to be just a fine food filter - you can lift it straight out and I can't see any floatation device inside. I did pull it out and check it is clean. I turned the dishwasher off at the wall for over 5 minutes and switched it back on, but to no avail. . still no water. The tap is definitely on - I turned it off and back on again. The hose from the tap has no kinks in it either.. hmm.. what next?
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
Please recheck your model # XXXXX # XXXXX gave is not running.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hey again,

The model number is XXXXX correct Whirlpool ADP6600IX Dishwasher. Has a dial on the front, not a digital screen of any sort - five wash settings, a start button and an on/off button.
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
Sorry... Is this a US dishwasher? I cant find this model in our data base......

My gut feeling is that your water valve has failed. Remove the lower front, and the valve is the gadget the water line hooks to. The 2 wires that go to that valve should have 110v going to them when it is calling for water.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using justanswer.com

Chuck G.
__________________
Please " ACCEPT " when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated.
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!
Positive Feedback is very important, That is how we get rated! Bonuses are appreciated!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your help. I have called a technician in to check this out seeing as it doesn't seem to be something simple after all.. Thanks for all your help.
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
You are welcome!