The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

Frigidaire FEF365ASD F9 error code

Customer Question

When either 'Bake' or Self'Clean' buttons are pushed, door attempts to latch (unsuccessfully) making cranky noises for a few seconds, then F9 code appears and beeps until Clear is pressed. Neither Bake or Self-Clean feature works. This happened once before, and corrected itself a short while later, but I need to get the stove operational. What to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

The door latch has failed. It will need to be repaired to allow the oven to operate properly.

I believe that your model is a built in type. To access the lock and its associated parts it will be necessary for you to pull it out from the wall and place it on a table or something near the cabinet it is in now.

I am searching for the servicer manual for your unit but have not been able to locate it in my archices yet. Im pretty sure i have it, but it is going to take me some time to locate it.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: Thank you for your response, but my question was answered previously, to our satisfaction. Regards.
Ok thank you for letting me know. Best THS