The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

My Kenmore washing machine Model 110.26912691 purchased 9 - ...

My Kenmore washing machine Model 110.26912691 purchased 9 - 29-1999 fills with water, agitates but will not spin or drain. What is my problem and can I repair it myself. Thank you very much. David Arms

Hi David;

Is the unit pumping any water out? Or is it just leaving the cloths soggy from not spinning?

Awaiting your reply; THS

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No water at all is being pumped out so the clothes are more than soggy.

Ok if the unit will not spin or pump the water out it is going to be something in the wiring, the timer, or the motor.

What is happening is the motor for some reason is not reversing and powering the pump and the transmission. When the unit is ready to pump and spin the controler (timer system) sends a signal that reverses the motor. If the motor starts up as it should the transmission shifts into reverse ans spins the tub. The pump alwaysa turns with the motor either forwards or backwards. If forwards it pumps water through the lint filter ansd when in reverse it pumps the water out of the tub. This is why the unit works in wash/agitate mode and not drain/spin mode.

The problem now is that to determin what componant is at fault you will need to have a volt ohm meter, a service manual, and the skill to use the volt ohm meter to test the system.

I can provide the service manual. The other two you will have to provide.

If you can do this I will upload the manual for you.

Please let me know if you wish to receive the manual.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.

You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.

If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Please do send me the manual. I am clicking on the accept button.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't understand the deposit. I clicked on accept so you should get paid. Is that correct? Are you sending me the manual?

Yes that is how it works and I have been paid. Thank you. Your manual will be ready in a few minuits.

Ok what I have done is upload the service manual for your unit. It has all the diagnostic proceedures and is clearly illustrated.
You can get it by clicking here.

To download this file:

On the first page scroll down to the bottom and select "FREE"

On the next page enter the letters in the box and select "download"

Save the file to your hard drive and open it with a .pdf reader. I recommend FoxIt reader. ( Its smaller than adobe and no spyware.
If there is something in the manual that you do not understand just post here, and I will walk you through the proceedure.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Home Smithy,

I have an update on the washing machine. My husband put his key in the lid switch and pushed it down and it drained, filled, and is rinsing now. We are holding the button down with a screwdriver between the lid and the switch. What do we do now?

Also, I haven't left feedback. Where is that question? Thank you.

Ok the lid switch is the culpret.

Im sorry I should have mentioned it but the symptoms said otherwise.

Usually the lid switch does not prevent the unit from draining. It just leaves the clothes soggy.

The manual I sent you has specific instructions for changing the lid switch. You will need to disassemble the cabinet some to get to it.

Start with page 19 and then go to page 22 of the manual I sent you. Once the cabinet is off you will be able to remove the lid switch.

You can get the switch at your local appliance outlet. It is a very common part. They range in price from 25.00 to 35.00 depencing ion your area market.

And yes this is a very easy repair. Once you get it done you will see just how easy it really is.

There should be a place or a buttomn you can click on to leave feedback. Im not real sure where it is.

Sorry for the mix up on my first diagnosis. I dont claim to be perfect.

Maybe its a good thing I didnt listen to my mother. She wanted me to be a doctor =\

Thank you again for the accept.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My husband will get the part and replace it tomorrow. I still have not filled in the positive feedback for you because I do not know where that option is. Let me know and I will do it. Thank you.
ok Ill ask someone