Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

I HAVE A SAMSUNG SIDE BY SIDE (RS20CCMS) FRIDGE / FREEZER.

I HAVE A SAMSUNG SIDE BY SIDE (RS20CCMS) FRIDGE / FREEZER. THE DIGITAL PANEL FOR THE FRIDGE IS FLASHING THE TEMPERATURE DIGIT, 3 OR 4 DEGREES, BUT THE FRIDGE IS NOT COOLING INSIDE.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I'm sorry you're have a problem with your refrigerator.

Have you tried to disconnect the refrigerator for 15 minutes or more? These digital boards can often be reset by doing this. The refrigerators are dependant on the memory boards and when they receive a little too much (or too littleJ) voltage they sometimes do this kind of thing.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Bernard S.'s Post: Bernie,
Thanks for the tip on switching the fridge off for 15 mins. This certainly has stopped the flashing digital display, however the temperatures now shown are not correct;freezer shows 2 degrees and fridge shows 20 degrees,where it should show freezer at -24 degrees and fridge at 2-5 degrees.The refrigerator section is still not cooling down.
What do you suggest?
Best Regards, XXXXX XXXXX

Hi Ray,

Is the unit cooling? If so, that's a good sign.

You can try again to see if the board will reset. Sometimes you will get lucky after a couple of trys.

The main circuit board that controls everything may have sustained a voltage surge that has cause damage.

However, if ultimately the board will not reset you will need to replace the board. They are not repairable.

These are fairly expensive. So, you may elect to have a technician check the unit and the board before replacement. Basically, you would check that the board was receiving correct voltage and not some other part was causing the board to "act up". This will require the electrical schematic and some test tools. An authorized technician may also have special code tests that will be run to confirm that the board is bad.

To prevent this from occuring again, you can put a good quality surge protector on the refrigertor. Their getting more like computer these days!

I hope this helps and that you can reset the refrigerator. Let me know if you need any more information.

bernie