The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a 52 inch RCA HD tv. When I power it on, the ...

Customer Question

I have a 52 inch RCA HD tv. When I power it on, the green light in front comes on indicating that it has power yet sometimes no picture will be on the screen. I can hear it click on, but nothing happens. Sometimes if I keep on clicking it on and off then I will get a picture. I have less than one year on the television and it has always done this. I do not have a warrantee on the television as I had it boxed and did not start using it for over a year after I bought it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 6 years ago.

Hi Greg;

It sounds like you have lost a componant in the (damn memory of mine) area near the main capacitors. For the life of me ii cant remember what it is called. This should be an easy fix for a repairman. I would estimate less than $100.00 including the service call. I could do the repair but I cant explain how to do it.

Unfortunatly I can not recommend that you attempt this repair anyways. It deals with an area of the set that is the biggest reason that they put the high voltage warnings on the cover for. It can be potentially lethal to an untrained person poking around in the area with a solder gun.

As the set is basicly brand new it is well worth the cost to have it repaired. The RCA brand is one of the best on the market and should give you many years of good service.

I realise that I havnt really told you anything you didn't already know but this really is the best solution to your problem.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.

You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.

If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The answer I received was a total made up response which was totally bogus. If there is a way to forward it to you I would do so. I have called a repairman to fix the problem.