MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

I have a Whirlpool Dryer model number LER4634JQ0. When I ...

I have a Whirlpool Dryer model number LER4634JQ0. When I push the Start button the dryer engages but as soon as I cease to apply pressure to the switch, it turns off. If I keep pressure on the switch, it will run until I release the switch. I replaced the On/Off switch but it still does the same thing.

There is a centrifical switch inside the dryer motor that has gone bad. The only way to fix this problem is to replace the dryer motor. I'm sure there are some creative ways to keep it running with the switch. But your motor is where the problem is.

I hope this information has been helpful to you. Thanks for using

You can still ask me questions about your appliance even after you press the accept button. Only press the accept button if you are satisfied with my answer.