MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

Hello my water and ice is not dispersing. Noticed ths tube ...

Customer Question

Hello my water and ice is not dispersing. Noticed ths tube in front of refrig not connected. Can you tell me where to connect it to? Kenmore coldpoint
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

I will be happy to help you out. Can I get the model number to the refrigerator?

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: 106.55502400
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Are you talking about the water line under the freezer door?

I the machine still making ice?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: yes
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

That water line at the bottom of the door should connect just under the front of the cabinet with a coupler. This is where the water from the door comes in from. If the refrigerator has been recently moved and the doors where taken off, someone may not have reconnected the water line. Look under the front of the fridge, you will see the other end of the line that the tube connects too.

Also about the machine not dispensing water or ice. If the wire connector at the top of the freezer door hinge is not connected, the dispensor will not work at all. I believe the wires are disconnected under the top hinge cover of the freezer. Your complaint would have been, water is running on my floor! Also check the water filter on the bottom of the fridge. If this is not fully seated into its housing, no water will work in the fridge. Icemaker or water dispensor.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. You can still ask me questions about this after you press the accept button. Only press the accept button if you are happy with my Answer. Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not see the coupler under the bottom of the door.
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Do you see both ends of the water line? The coupler may be missing.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
every tubing that I see has an end except this particular one under the fridge door.
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Does it run into the freezer door hinge. It should come out of the door about six inches and end. Then it will attach to another piece of hose and run to your water valve behind the fridge. There is a coupler that connects the two ends of hose together.

There should only be two ends under the freezer door.

Let me know what you find