MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
9256417

My Frididaire Refridarator feels warm(almost Hot) in ...

My Frididaire Refridarator feels warm(almost Hot) in between the Freezer and the Fridge side of my side by side . I cleaned under the fridge with a vaccum earlier tonight . it''s almost like its over heating but it''s still cold inside
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

I will be happy to help. What is the model number to your refrigerator?

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
FRS26F4CW0
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Did you remove the cover from the back of the fridge when you vacuumed the coils?

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I removed the front plastic piece next to the floor and vacuumed the dust and a heard a fan click for a second against the vaccum. but I couldn't see it. It was straight back on the left front side and it runs ok . I pulled it away front the wall and it seems a little cooler but still very warm on the center divider where the rubber touches between the side by side compartments
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

I don't feel you have a problem with your fridge. That warm area you feel between the two doors is meant to get warm. This is too keep the moisture off the cabinet and keep your freezer gasket from freezing to the case. Things that could cause this to get Hot:

Condesor fan not running when compressor is running

Defrost issue where compressor is running constantly.(check for frost of rear freezer wall)

Low Freon, compressor will run constantly to keep temperature

Freon restriction, compressor has to work to hard to not cool enough.

Let me know if this helps you out. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask. I am a Factory Authorized Servicer for Electrolux/Frigidaire, I work on your type of machine on a daily basis.

Thanks Again for using JustAnswer.com!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't remember the area in between the compartments being this HOT, do thing it will be O.K. until I have a local repair man out to take a look at it in the morning?
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Your refrigerator is probably fine. If its not hot to the touch. The temps are ok. I would only suggest having someone take a look if you feel the fridge is running more than 60 percent of the time, in average 70 degree room temp at factory settings.

Thanks Again

MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience