Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

My GE triton dishwasher wont drain all the water out

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

I have one service manual for GE dishwashers. Please have a look at it and see if it is any help.

What I have done is upload the service manual for your unit (I hope). It has all the diagnostic proceedures and is clearly illustrated.
You can get it by clicking here.

To download this file:

On the first page scroll down to the bottom and select "FREE"

On the next page enter the letters in the box and select "download"

Save the file to your hard drive and open it with a .pdf reader. I recommend FoxIt reader. (foxit.com) Its smaller than adobe and no spyware.
If there is something in the manual that you do not understand just post here, and I will walk you through the proceedure.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What would it be if the lower part is constantly filled with water, looks like a drain is plugged or something its a ge triton probably 2002 model. pump or drain? it drains down to a certain level and stops, please help me?

Erick; It could be one of many things. This is why I need to know if the manual is the same as the unit you have. I am not sure if it is or not.

In the mean time I will opt out in case another expert has the information you require.

Best; THS.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No i don't think its the same manual, can anyone else help me out.
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!
I need a little more info from you, so I can advise you better!
Please reply back with your model #

Chuck G.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The model isGSDL332FOOWW. Thats all i could find. Thank you
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 6 years ago.

Erik,

Heres the most common fault for a partial drain out - - Inside of dishwasher there is a grille that goes across the back wall - remove it . Dead center is a hole with a part threaded into it A little larger than a silver dollar unscrew it and look at it . It has a spring loaded plunger with a rubber cap on top , the rubber cap deteriorates and does not fill the hole completely. The part number is XXXXX

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am trying it now, i'm running it through a cycle, to see if it helped. the plunger looked fine, i'll let you know-------------The water is still there, any other ideas? Thank you for helping me!
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
I think you have a blockage in the drain hose. Most likely grease or a combination of food and cooking oils. They solidify and block the hose. Heres what i do. I use a piece of 1/4" plastic tubing that is about 6 feet long. I remove the sink side of the drain hose and run the tubing thru the drain hose, all the way to the dishwasher. This will insure you dont have any blockage. If there is a grease block, there will be grease on the tubing when you pull it out. Then i try to drain the unit into a bucket. You should have a forceful flow.

Hope this helps!
Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using justanswer.com

Chuck G.
__________________
Please " ACCEPT " when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated.
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!
Positive Feedback is very important, That is how we get rated! Bonuses are appreciated!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Drain is clear, any other suggestions?

Erik,

Underneath , in back right as you face front of D.W. is the drain pump. This pump only gets energized during the drain portion of cycles Which is 6 or 7 times total for a normal wash. You'll have to pull the dishwasher out to get to it. Take the in and out hoses loose and look for debris and also see if you can manually turn the impeller inside the pump. Part # XXXXX this is WD19X10015