The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

My lgcu400 cell phone started getting very hot when in use, ...

Customer Question

My lgcu400 cell phone started getting very hot when in use, only after a few seconds of talking. And last night the backlight kept coming on and making a noise like I was to receive a message, but didn't get the message until this morning. I have had the phone for a year, with no problems what is going on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

Ok it seems that this is "normal" (yea right!) for this phone.

This is from the owners manual:

From the cu400 owners manual Q&A page 82:

Q "Why does the phone heat up?"

A "The phone may get hot when there is a very long call duration or when games are played or even when surfing the internet for a long time. This has no effect upon the life of the product or performance."

You can try contacting the company you purchased it from (AT&T?) and see if they will replace it. As it is already a year old I somehow doubt that they will but it is worth a try.

I am sure that this is not what you wanted to hear, but it is the only honest answer there is. I, unfortunatly, have no control of some answers that I provide.

I would appreciate it if you would honor the time I have put into researching, and answering your question by clicking on the accept button.

Thank you.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

Once you have clicked on the accept button, please be sure to leave positive feed back for me.