Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

Maytag washer dryer combo (dryer on top) with touch ...

Maytag washer dryer combo (dryer on top) with touch panel. Washer leaked water out onto my rug in the front of the washer and it was spinning the clothes dry. The spinner would not stop. I could get the top to open and then the spinner would stop. I got the clothes out and left the top open and I think I unplugged the washer. What to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I'm sorry you are having a problem with your stack washer/dryer.

From the information provided above, it seems that your problem is the leak. The spinning cycle would not normally stop until you opened the top (which you did do).

A water leak as bad as you indicate could be a the result of a broken hose to the pump. If you can see under the machine and run a small load with little water you might be able to cofirm that the leak starts when the pump goes to pump out the water and you should see the point of origin.

This could be a DIY if you have patience and tools. Please post the model number after you have investigated a bit and we can pursue it if you like.

If this answer satisfys you please click the "accept" button and/or let me know if you need more information.