MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
9256417

I have a GE side by side(2 and a half years old). The ice ...

Customer Question

I have a GE side by side(2 and a half years old). The ice and water dispenser stopped working. All the lights work, a fan inside the freezer keeps trying to turn but it doesn''t spin. It''s not stuck cause I can turn it easily. What''s wrong with it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

The water tank behind the lower refrigerator drawers is froze. When the air doesn't circulate the coldest air in the refrigerator settles to the bottom and freezes everything. It sounds like you evaporator fan is shot. It probably just shakes a little bit. That is a sign that it has gone bad. Replace the evaporator fan and your refrigerator will return to normal operation. When you replace the fan, use a hairdryer to thaw out the water tank.

Let me know if this information has been helpful to you. Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you!!
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

Your Welcome! Please Leave some feedback so other customers know how your experience was. Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: Hello,

I just received/replaced the evap fan motor along with door switch since it was cheap but it didn't solve the problem. I still hear a clicking sound coming from the main control board every second with the fan just moving but not spinning. Any other suggestion?

thanks!
Expert:  MrBill replied 6 years ago.

On the back of the refrigerator is the main control board. Other than the door switch, this control board is what supplies the power to the fan. If replacing the fan hasn't solved the issue this is the only other thing that it could be. You are going to have to replace the main PCB for the fridge. Check all the wires going to the board. Make sure there aren't any loose connections. Without being able to check the fan, does leave a little room for error. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Thanks Again for using JustAnswer.com Please let me know if you have anymore questions.