MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

Frigidaire stove FEF365ASD. F9 error message.

When either Bake or Self-Clean buttons are pushed, door latch makes a ''cranky'' sound for a few seconds, does not latch closed, then F9 error code appears and beeps until ''Clear'' is pushed. Neither Bake or Self-Clean feature is working. What to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

The error code is for the door latch. Remove the back panel of the stove and locate the locking motor. It is number 89 in the diagram below. Check the housing that the motor sits in and look for any switches that are broken or out of place. Check for any disconnected wires. It sounds like the motor may have broken out of the housing that it is attached to.

Give that a look and let me know how you make out. You can still ask me questions about this repair after you press the accept button. I am a frigidaire authorized servicer so I can answer any questions you have about this machine.

Thanks for using!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: Bill - Thanks for the answer to my Frigidaire FEF365ASD F9 error code question. Before I accept your answer, how does it work if I'd like to follow up with you after I remove the back and examine the parts you suggest? (I'm new to Just Answer!). Do I need to keep paying more if I have further questions? Thanks!
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

Nope, you only pay once. I have had people ask 10 questions, order parts and follow up with the same repair. They only paid once.

Give your machine a look and let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Unplug the stove before you remove the back. If you have some gloves wear them.

The back panels on these stoves are very sharp. All it takes is one little slip and you'll need stitches. Trust me on that. LOL

Thanks Again,