Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

I just bought a Maytag model # XXXXX window air ...

I just bought a Maytag model # XXXXX window air conditioner and when I plug it in the digital display has "EE" on it and it will not come on?

Hi hi8a,

Thank you for using Just Answer. I'm sorry you having a problem with your new AC.

There are only a few options to try (if you haven't already) -

1. Disconnect the AC from the wall. Wait a couple of minutes and plug it back in.

2, Try connecting the AC to different wall outlet.

3. Check that the ground wire inside the cabinet is attached to the cabinet. This a green wire and should be secured to the cabinet with a screw.

4. Reset the new circuit breaker type plugs that are coming with new ACs.

If all this fails then you should remove the AC from the cabinet (so that you do not have to uninstall it) and bring it back to the retailer for a "body" swap. You give them the bad AC guts and they give you a new one.

All the retailers I know will take back a DOA AC without any issue. Just be carefull not to dent anything when you transport it back.

If this answer helps you please click the "accept" button and/or let me know if you need any more information.

bernie