Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

We have a Kenmore HE3 front loader. Lately the Bleach ...

Customer Question

We have a Kenmore HE3 front loader. Lately the Bleach tray is still full after the washer finishes. I can''t determine if the liquid is unused bleach, or water that has replaced the bleach. Is there something I can do to determine why the liquid is there after the cycle runs? I have tried to smell the liquid to see if it is in fact bleach, but it seem to be water. Is this posible? I am not sure what happens in that drawer when the machine cycles, so am not sure what to check. Your help would be appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

HICustomer

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear you are have difficult with your washer.

We have seen this before and it's probably water that you are seeing there. The repair can be a bit invovlved and involves removing most of the cabinet to get to the part.

Please post the model number if you wish to do this yourself and we will help you thru. You can usually find this where the door meets the machine in the crevice.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The model Nr. is 110. 4596 404 It is a HE3t. What is the part that causes this problem? Thank you. Gar

HiCustomer

This above model number may be missing a digit. Please check it again.

It's referred to as the actuator. The top, controls and entire cabinet will need to come off. There are a lot of parts to this one. Medium to hard repair.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Bernard S.'s Post: Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I will be refering this to a repairman. Thanks, Gar

HiCustomer

I have to agree with you on this one. You have to have a good deal of patience for this.

bernie