MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
9256417

Hi, I have a Maytag washer Model # XXXXX when it is ...

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Maytag washer Model # XXXXX when it is going through the spin cycles the sound is so loud you can''t talk to the person next to you. My husband replaced the motor but not luck. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

The problem you are having is going to be the rear bearings in your machine. This is one repair that I would recommend calling a service tech for. When you call for service tell them that your bearings are wore. Call a couple different service companies and get some quotes. Look for this repair to cost more than 300 dollars. This job is a little to involved for someone without proper training on removing and replacing bearings on the rear of the tub.

By no means am I telling you that you can't do it. I just trying to save alot of frustration, trust me. I don't like doing them myself.

Let me know if this information has been helpful to you, you can still post questions after you press the accept button.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: Hi,

I will relay your answer to my husband. He has
fixed machines before but I know he was concern
with this being a front loader.

Thanks again.