MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
9256417

icemaker stopped working (after my son put frozen food ...

Customer Question

icemaker stopped working (after my son put frozen food in icemaker tray) doesnt appear to have h20 in iCEMAKER TRAY
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

I will be happy to help you out. Can you send me the model number to the refrigerator?

thanks

Bill

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: model #BRF20
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

The arm on the side of the icemaker, the metal wire. What position is it in. down at the side of the icemaker. standing out at the side or partway inbetween?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
arm is down
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

Is it complete against the side of the icemaker?

or is there a little space?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
a little space.
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

The cover on the end of the icemaker will pull off. This will expose the gears underneath the cover. Pull the cover off. I usually use two hands to do this. Sometimes this could be a little tough. Make sure there are no screws holding it on.

After you can see the gears, lift the arm of the icemaker all the way up until it locks. It will stick straight out from the icemaker. Then push it down, its should flop down and hit against the side of the icemaker. Then watch the gears, let me know if they start moving,,, then listen the arm should start going back up on its own. Once the arm reaches the top, it will start back down. Then you will hear the water valve. Let me know what you find.

After you press the accept button you will still be able to ask me questions about this repair. Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I removed the cover. Pulled the arm up so it locked. ..nothing Pushed the arm down (not flush against the icemaker. still a little space) nothing happens. Arm doesn't move on it's own. No sound from gears. Nothing.
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

Well, your icemaker sounds like it needs replaced. When that arm is down at the side the icemaker should go into another cycle. There maybe a bad switch, or the motor maybe bad. Some contacts in the cam assembly maybe shot. The best thing to do is replace the icemaker. D7824706Q is the part number. The part comes striped of cover and other stuff you can get off the old icemaker and save you a couple dollars.

http://www.partselect.com/MultiModels.aspx?ModelNum=BRF20&searchTerm=&RefineSearch=0

Try this link, it will give you more details about the part.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank-you. You were very helpful.
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

Your welcome, Thanks.

(please leave some feedback so other customers know how your experience was)

Good Luck!!