Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field

old 3 way fridge for camper, mod.RM36D probably 1980s

the pilot isn''t getting gas when i hold the gas button down and use the striker.its going past the on valve but not past the aluminum block (gas thermostat). I blew some compressed air threw a filter looking tube before the block and some oil came threw. is the system ok still?
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!

In my dealings with camper fridges, the gas pilot only heats the evaporative exchanger that holds the ammonia mixture. The pilot tubes frequently gets clogged with spider webs. Compressed air will not clear the web. You must physically take the tubes off and clear the orifice and tubes. If you smell ammonia, the unit is shot.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using

Chuck G.
Please " ACCEPT " when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated.
Positive Feedback is very important, That is how we get rated! Bonuses are appreciated!