MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

Maytag range model# XXXXX I am replacing the ...

Maytag range model# XXXXX   I am replacing the orafice fitting assemblies on both sides of the range. They are held in place by screws that enter from above, which would put the screw head under the burner. Long story short, I assume that I have to remove the burner to get to the screw to replpace the fitting do I remove the burner?    Kent
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

Are you talking about the orifices on number 16? There are four of them in total.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes...the gas lines to the front burners broke (bad design, every time you lift the range hood to clean, it bends the bas line, which led to it cracking). Anyways, #16 is one piece, so the entire thing had to be replaced, not just the gas line. There are two screws, one on the front and one on the back, holding #16 in place. They are inserted from the top of the assembly, not from the bottom. So, when you look at the assembly, all you see is the screw threads. The screw heads therefore must be under the burner (#6) because they aren't visable. I assume that I have to remove the burner (#6) to access the screw heads.
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

Yes those burner caps should remove from the top to give you access to the scres to remove them. Let me know how you make out. They could be stuck on there and need some elbow grease to remove them.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So, my question do I remove them?
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

Those number 6's should pull right up. I do not believe that there are any screws holding them in place. Grab, twist, pull.

In the past, I have had to use a flat head screwdriver to get some leverage to break them free.

Let me now how you make out.