MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience

i have an error code of EF0 on my frigidaire ...

i have an error code of EF0 on my frigidaire front load washer, what does that mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

I will be happy to assist you. What is the model number to the machine?

Thanks for using!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i dont know, i do not have the manual, and cannot see the model number, it is a 2 year old front loader though
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

Is it a full size or smaller size?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it is a full size, super capacity, "gallery series" washer.
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

Ok give me a couple minutes to check some manuals here. Sounds like a drain issue.

Does the error occur when you try to start a cycle or does it start in the middle of a cycle?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
in the middle, i think, the cloths do not seem to be rinsed and there is alot of soap
Expert:  MrBill replied 8 years ago.

Alright, the problem you are having is without a doubt one of two things.

Like you said at the end there, too much soap will trigger this fault code. That is also going along with a "drain time too long" code. You have a general code. Not specific to one thing. Too much suds is causing the machine to take too long too drain. That is the reason for the irregular code.

Run the machine through a quick cycle or normal wash and use NO soap. You might have to do this twice. This will clear out the excess soap in the machine. If you have recently changed the soap you are using this could be the reason for the excess. Some detergents are alot more efficient that others.

This will take care of the problem you are having. Just be careful of the amount of detergent you are using. Once you get the machine cleared out you will be back to normal operation.

If this doesn't fix your problem. Then your drain pump is clogged. The only thing you can do about this is remove the back panel of the machine to access the pump. Remove the hoses off your pump. Check for obstructions. I believe the problem is with too much soap causing the problem.

I hope this information has been helpful to you. If you are happy with this answer please press the accept button. Thanks for using

If you have anymore questions please ask. Thanks again.