Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field

We have a kenmore dishwasher. The bottom rack cleans fine ...

We have a kenmore dishwasher. The bottom rack cleans fine and the top does not. We lowered the top shelf down to the second level to see if there would be an improvement but it did not help. The dishes on the top shelf still come out soiled.
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!

Before you start tearing into your dishwasher, I would suggest that you run a dishwasher cleaner through a pots and pan cycle. This will clean all the interior jets and chambers that clog up. Use a good detergent... The packet soaps and chunks soaps work the best.

1 tablet per load. I don't know what part of the world you are from, but there are many dishwasher cleaners on the market. Here in the US we use Glisten, or Dishwasher Magic. The first time you clean your dishwasher use 2 packs of the cleaner, This will breakdown any buildup you have. Then use the cleaner every 6 months. If by chance you cannot find a dishwasher cleaner, Use 3 cups of a lemon aid mix. But the cleaner is stronger.
graphicLet me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using

Chuck G.