Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

I am having trouble with my refrigerator. The bottom ...

Customer Question

I am having trouble with my refrigerator. The bottom shelves are too cold (the vegetables freeze in the crisper). I have adjusted the settings in both the refrigerator and freezer; it helped, but did not solve the problem. What should I try next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

Hi kathrenlrose;

Is the freezer on top or bottom of your unit, please. If you could supply the make and model number it would be helpfull also.

Awaiting your reply; The Home Smithy

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: It's an Amana bottom freezer. I can't find a model number.

Without a model number I can not look up your unit. As I am not that familliar with Amanna refrigerators I am going to opt out and let another expert assist you. We have a couple experts that know these units but they are not presently on line. When I see them online I will refer them to your question.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Please see if you can find the model number and post it back. The model number will be in the fresh food compartment on a side wall. There will be a sticker on the wall.

Also, approximately how old is the unit? Have you had this problem before?

Some models of Amana have separate control for the cold cuts in a single bin that goes across the bottom of the fresh food area. If you have this type, then the vegetable crispers are above the cold cut drawer.

If you have a newer unit you may have electronic controls for the fresh food and freezer compartment that display numerically or with the actual temperature that you set.