Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

I have mocel # XXXXX hwm My problem is that after a few ...

I have mocel # XXXXX hwm My problem is that after a few months of using the machine the power button has been permanetly depressed into the face of the machine. It won''t spring back . What part will I need to fix this problem?   Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

HiCustomer

The board that you would replace is here -

http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1268509&PPStack=1

However, if you investigate you should be able to reposition a spring and/or replace it so that the buttom works.

This type of button or spring (if you find you can remove it) would be available as a more generic electonic part.

bernie

HiCustomer

If you contact LG directly they should also be able to advise you. You may still be covered under the MfG warranty. They tend to cover their electronics (parts) longer than some other Mfgs. This info is in your owner manual.

Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else or you have another question about it.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist:
Any tips on disassembly of the washing machine in order to take a look to see if I can try to adjust the spring without buying a complete circuit board.   Thank you, Paul

HiCustomer

I haven't dissassembled this unit. Most units of this type require you remove an access panel at the bottom and then work your way up. If something doesn't come off easy then there is probably a screw or better way to approach it.

However, another expert has advised me that LG will actually give you instructions over the phone to help the consumer do their own repair.

bernie