The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

How to remove and replace door on monogram Advantium

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Appliance
Expert:  tableland replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Not a car! I am asking about the door to GE Monogram Advantium microwave/convection oven.
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

Due to the inherant dangers associated with microwave ovens of any type, I strongly recommend that you do not attempt this repair yourself.

The adjustment of these doors are critical, and if done improperly can result in serious injury to you, or your family from the radiation produced by the unit.

If the existing door has been damaged It would be best if you took it in for servicing or had a tech come out and do the repair.

In addition to the above concerns the instructions to do this repair are not available to the general public. Simply because it is a dangerous proposition to have a lay person attempt these repairs.

I am sure that this is not what you wanted to hear, but it is the only honest, and safe answer there is. I would appreciate it if you would honor the time I have put into researching, and answering your question by clicking on the accept button.

Thank you.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

Once you have clicked on the accept button, please be sure to leave positive feed back for me.