The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a small amount of water comming out or the air ...

I have a small amount of water comming out or the air distrubution vent in the cold storage section. I appears to be comming from the freezer compartment above. It stops when the ice maker is freezing water for ice cubes then starts when the ice maker is filling. Is there a drain that could be plugged or is some tubing cracked. This is a Whirlpool Top-Mounted refrigerator built in July,2001, Model ET1FTTXKQ00. What is the "Fix"? Can I do it or should I call for service?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

You most likely have a broken supply tube going to your ice maker. If you are mechanicly inclined it is not that hard to repair it. If you are not that handy with a box of tools it may be best to call for a service tech to repair it.

My personal policy on questions such as yours is; "if you have to ask if you can do the repair yourself. I recommend against doing so."

The repair will cost around $100.00 including the call and parts. Probably less depending on your location.

The biggest problem you may run into doing the repair yourself is that the manufacturers hide key componants that if you are not carefull you can easily ruin if not disassembled properly. Most of these are little plastic clips that if broken off render the unit inoperable.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.