Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.

I have a Maytag Gas Range, about 7 or 8 years old. It does ...

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Gas Range, about 7 or 8 years old. It does not work in "Bake" cycle, but works in "Broil". What could be wrong and how can I repair it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 8 years ago.

By far the most common part to fail is the oven ignitor. It's an electrical part attached to the burner that lights the burner. Even when they look like should be working ( glowing red ) they can be too high of resitance to let the gas valve open. They cost in the $50.00 range . Give model # XXXXX stove and I'll look up the cheapest place to purchase it.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to tom goellner's Post:

Thank you for your response. The model number for my Gas Range is Maytag MGR5870ADW. If you could provide me with the part number for the ignitor, and where I could purchase it, that would be a big help. I live in Groton, MA and work in Everett, MA.

Here's the cheapest place I found their part number is XXXXX $40.00 Thanks for using justanswer