Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

I have a Frigidaire Gallery stove purchased in 1998 and ...

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire Gallery stove purchased in 1998 and have been advised that there was a recall on this particular stove. There is no hood over the oven vent and it has yellowed the back and ruined the clock. Please advise if there is a recall.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

We can answer this better if you provide the model number. You find this on the range when you open the storage drawer and sticker to one side. You probably have to turn you head sideways to read it.

Bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX
The Serial number is XXXXX

HiCustomer

I did want to let you know that I found that there are no Frigidaire or Government mandated recalls on the range from 1998 to the present. However, I will check to see if there is a Factory service bulletin on this issue.

I also should let you know that I have seen similar issues with vents on other brands. So, unfortunately is is not unheard of.

Bernie

HiCustomer

Although, we could find no Factory Service Bulletin there still could be one (that was not available to us).

If you call Frigidaire directly at 1-706-860-4110 with your model and serial number they may be able to advise you on some type of fix for this issue.

Bernie