Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

We have a Hotpoint side by side. The water line in the ...

We have a Hotpoint side by side. The water line in the freezer door for the water dispenser freezes. What could be the cause
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 8 years ago.

Hello kendlecce,

There are a couple of answers to this problem I need to know you're model number and I also need to know if this is a metal liner refrigerator - see if a magnet ( the kind you hold stuff on the outside of fridge is fine ) will stick to the inside of the left or right wall inside of freezer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The model # XXXXX WW, Serial # XXXXX Yes the refrigerator and freezer inside walls are metal. However the doors are plastic on the inside. That is were the water line is freezing, just before it hits the dispener outlet in the door. The water line runs from the back of the refrig., along the bottom to the freezer door bottom and up the inside of the door. This you probably already know, but I'm just trying to let you know what I know and am seeing.

kendlecce,

There is a kit for all metal liner S xS refrigerators built from Jan 2003 to Jan 2007 ( yours was built June 04 ) the part # XXXXX XXXXX 49X10173 I t comes with detailed instructions It involves putting a small electric heater in the correct location in the dispenser area Involves splicing wires with connectors provided . The part will be around $40.00 You can get it from MARCONE APPL PARTS 1-800-392-7745. Thanks for using justanswer.