John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

We have a Maytag gas-precision touch control 800 ...

Customer Question

We have a Maytag gas-precision touch control 800 oven which has worked great and still does for the most part, but it seems recently that it''s taking a very long time to heat up, yet once it does, it appears to be at the right temp. Also, while food is in the oven, you will hear every few minutes what sounds like "a flicker in the flame" - I''m not sure how else to phrase what I''m hearing. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 8 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!
I need a little more info from you, so I can advise you better!
Please reply back with your model #

Chuck G.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Chuck G.'s Post: The model # XXXXX: MGR5875QDW. Last night, it worked fine while cooking dinner, but when I went to use it later in the evening, it started heating to about 110 and then stopped. I looked inside, and there was a bright orange glow where I believe the igniter is but no flame. I believe this might mean that I need a new igniter but I'm not sure.