Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

i have a bosch frostfree fridge freezer that is just a year ...

i have a bosch frostfree fridge freezer that is just a year old.The fridge is warm, but the freezer appears to be ok. There is ice forming at the top of the freezer that i haven''t noticed before. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

This ice forming should not be there if the defrost functions are working correctly. This ice is interfering with damper and/or fan that sends cold air to the refrigerator. So, this would be why the refrigerator is warm.

Please send this information to advise you best.

Have you had any any work on this refrigerator recently?

If you open the freezer door and push the door switch in (to "trick" the refrigertor into thinking the door is closed) and listen for a minute or two you should hear a fan going on. Does this happen?

How old is this refrigerator?

What is the model number of the refrigerator?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have had no work done on the fridge freezer. The fridge freezer is a year old.The fan is going on. MODEL NUMBER IS KGN34X00GB BOSCH FROST FREE FRIDGE FREEZER EXXCEL

Are you in the US? This market has the "Ingetra" and "Evolution" refrigerators.

This model number is XXXXX familiar to me.

However, the information I gave above is still relevant.

Also, if the refrigerator is less than a year old it will be covered by the Manufacturer's Warranty completely.

If it is over one year old there are parts that are still covered by the Manufacturer and you should involve them because if you open the unit up you will be voiding their warranty.

On newer models that are more dependent on electronics the Manufactures often cover those electronics parts for longer. Check your manual.