Glenn
Glenn, Mechanic
Experience:  over 30 years as a maintenance technician I have repaired many an Appliance I am also an electrician
281739

Hi I have a GE model J37BKW-7 electric stove that when i ...

Hi I have a GE model J37BKW-7 electric stove that when i set the oven to bake let say 350 the bake element will turn on and get red till reaches that temperature then element is off, element will not turn red again while cooking unless i open oven door. I was wondering how to determine whether to change the oven control module or the thermo limit switch that connects to the 2 temperature probes, the self clean works fine and the broil works fine could it possibly even be the bake element. The stove is 16 years old and I would hate to replace parts that don't need to be replaced
Hello

I would suggest buying an oven thermometer and see if the temperature is actually maintains

When you first start the oven it comes on full blast as well as when you open the door
When the door is closed it comes on and off and may not get red looking just like you top burner on high it glows red all the time at a lower setting it doesn't
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Glenn's Post: thank you for answer but in reply it is not maintaining proper temperature so what would this be thermo limit or oven control

Hello

I would say oven control

I tried your model number to find your part but it didn't come up can you re check it ?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
j37bkw-7 is the model number is XXXXX model about 16 years old

Hello

Please click on this link and see if your thermostat looks like this

http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=252524&PPStack=1

If not use the site to see if you can locate one

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry I had to go to work but this is more like the thermo limit switch it has a second temperature probe that plugs into one of the terminals on this switch, so there are 2 probes that go into oven http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1112&PPStack=1

Hello

It says it's not available I would give them a call