Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field
8049636

Maytag S/N 23517203YD. MLE2000AYD stacked - circuit boards ...

Maytag S/N 23517203YD. MLE2000AYD stacked - circuit boards replaced - now won''t spin. Seems to agitate fine. Locked light comes on. Won''t spin in any cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!

Here is a shop manual for your unit. This is a complex unit, Review this manual and re step all your steps that you performed when you replaced the circuit boards. Check all wiring connections and be sure all plugs are plugged in. Check the connections at the motor. Be sure that if you replaced the motor controller that the proper board was installed. There were many revisions, and the the motor controller on some models needed a motor conversion.
http://www.cagrimmett.com/justanswer/16009127.pdf

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using justanswer.com

Chuck G.
__________________
Please " ACCEPT " when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated.
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!
Positive Feedback is very important, That is how we get rated! Bonuses are appreciated!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Chuck G.'s Post: Chuck,
I had the boards replaced by an authorized Maytag repairman, so hopefully he did it correctly. Assuming he did install everything correctly, is there anything else that I should look for?
Thanks,
Rick.
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
I would call him back, hopefully he will stand by his repairs. If he is a friend, this shop manual will guide you in the repair.

Thank you for using justanswer.com

Chuck G.
__________________
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Chuck G.'s Post: OK, here's the deal.
The boards(2)were replaced about 3 years ago - we moved into a rental house two years ago and the washer went into storage. Any warranty is long gone - rightfully so.
I hate throwing good money after bad. In your opinion, and I realize this is only an opinion, so we forgo any legal garbage, am I better off cutting my losses and just go out and buy a new washer?
This washer seems to be a disaster looking to happen - and nothing seems cheap.
Sorry to put you on the spot, but I need to tap into your 30 years of experience.
Thanks,
Rick
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
OK, That info changes things a bit! We struggle with slim intro info. Ok, First things first. Does the unit pump the water out? This machine must pump out before it will spin.

There is a flow chart in the manual i sent you, that will step you thru the diagnosis process. These machines were prone to have motor controller problems. All the parts are very expensive, unless you find a good deal on ebay. The storage facility you stored the washer in hopefully was a dry one. Dampness is a bad thing on electronics. If you plan to diagnose this yourself you will need a digital multimeter to take voltages.

Hope this helps!
chuck
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Last question - yes it pumps.
Agitates in spin cycle, rinses, just won't spin.
What do you think.
By the way...... last time I used a multimeter
was 30+ years ago and it was olive drab..
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
I think you should remove the front panel, unplug then replug all the wires that go to the motor, motor controller. These may have been jarred loose during a move. If it all looks good, locate a washer tech to give you an estamate. Its worth the service call to get a good diagnosis.

Good luck!
chuck
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field