Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

My Kenmore Model 110.92291100 leaks water during the rinse ...

My Kenmore Model 110.92291100 leaks water during the rinse cycle. A small amount of water leaks out from under the machine on the same side as the bleach/fabric softener dispense (front left). I don''t think it leaks when dispensing the bleach, only during the rinse cycle when dispensing fabric softener. I''ve cleaned the dispenser and I''ve removed and cleaned the plastic ring on the wash tub thinking that maybe the holes in it were plugged up causing overflow. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

I have seen on older machines where at the end of the bleach dispenser the bleach had eaten away at the outer tub. These usually resulted in a consistent leak.

This design is a bit older and has hoses connecting the dispensers to the outer tub. It could be that the connections have worn out and/or come lose allowing the water to come over the outer tub.

Have you found fabric softener in the water that is leaking?

Also, I have seen far more often that a blocked pump (or a bad hose connection to it) will leak.

Dry the area below the washer and run it. See if you can pinpoint exactly where the water is coming from. Even though you noticed it in another area it may be coming from pump area. This is more comon.

Let me know if you need more help. The next step would be to disassemble the washer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When I've observed the water at the floor it looks like more of a splash then just free flowing from under the machine and it is strictly under the left front corner. If this were a pump problem would it be happening only during the rinse cycle when the fabric softener dispenser was filled with water?

The pump really is used to pump out the water during rinse and spin. The water inlet valve let water in.

So, from what you've stated it could be either.

Though, now that you add the "splash" I probably would lean toward one of the dispenser issues I with hoses and/or connections inside the machine.

Did you see noticeable amounts of fabric softener in that "splash"?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Bernard S.'s Post: Yes, there is fabric softener in the water -- it makes the rug stick to the floor after it dries.

With this information it really does seem like the dispenser issues above. You were right to suspect it.

This will show how to dissassemble the top (to get to the dispenser) - ;modelName=AUTOMATIC%20WASHER&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components

This shows the different components in the hose hookups to the dispensers. If you're lucky you may find that a hose is loose and reclamping it will fix it. If you have to order the parts you can do so right there -,%20DETERGENT%20AND%20RINSE%20DISPENSER&documentId=00061451&modelNumber=11092291100&productCategoryId=01 53200&brandId=0582&modelName=AUTOMATIC%20WASHER&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components

Let me know if I can assist you with anything else.