Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I have a whirlpool ler7648kt2 dryer. It would tumble but no ...

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool ler7648kt2 dryer. It would tumble but no heat I replaced the the thermal fuse nothing and now I replaced the thermostat (thermal) cut off. I tried it and it worked and then I washed a load clothes and placed them in dryer and it didn''t work. Again tumbles but no heat. i''m losing it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.
Hello
does the glow come on to ignite the burner ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Its not gas, its electric
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 8 years ago.
Hello joe, You replaced the thermal cut-out and it heated. Check this new part to see if it failed again ( use an ohmmeter set to a low scale - should read 0 or 1 ohm ) If that failed you have an air flow problem. One place to look is the bottom of the chute that the lint filter slides into. You can get to it from back by removing the screws and pulling it out enough to get a couple of fingers in there and scrape out the lint build up. Also check your dryer vent for lint build up , kinks, or perhaps it is too long for the dryer to push the air through. Try all this first.